ELA's Future Leasing Leaders Initiative
The Equipment Leasing Association has developed a initiative to attract young and diverse leasing professionals from member companies to participate in the governance, programs and services of ELA.
ELA believes that establishing the Future Leasing Leaders initiative is an important step in securing the future of the equipment leasing & finance industry, member companies and the Association. The Future Leasing Leaders initiative supports the ongoing growth of the industry by implementing programs to attract, develop and retain high caliber young and diverse talent in the industry.
Why Attend the Future Leasing Leaders Institute?
The Practicum provides an environment in which future leasing leaders have open collaboration on the issues of the equipment leasing industry. Working in small groups, participants will apply planning, decision-making and problem-solving skills through case analysis and application exercises. The responsibilities of leadership will be examined in four general areas: growth, operations, adversities and personal challenges. The program is designed to provide multiple opportunities to develop professional relationships that encourage knowledge, resource sharing and peer mentoring.
Attendees will complete a survey in advance to insure that current and relevant issues are the hub of the Institute and activities are highly audience-focused. They will receive study materials in advance that will prepare them for immediate participation in meaningful team assignments. Within a week after the Institute, attendees will receive a consolidated report of all critique comments about them and their team.
Benefits of Attending For the Future Leasing Leader:
- Develop a foundation of concepts, methods and tools of financial strategy and risk management
- Apply concepts, principles and techniques in problem-based practicum sessions
- Explore major external factors shaping the industry
- Develop competitive strategies for growth and profitability
- Expand and apply your knowledge of planning and implementing strategic change
- Discuss challenges and opportunities in equipment leasing with today's industry leaders
- Learn to champion diversity in the workplace
- Assess your personal leadership competencies
- Share management best practices
- Build lasting relationships with the next generation of industry leaders
Key Benefits of Attending for the Company:
- Develop executive leadership competencies
- Improve market assessment
- Improve strategic and tactical planning processes
- Increase productivity through more effective management
- Become better equipped to initiate and manage change
- Strengthen your company's position in the marketplace
- Foster leadership within the Company